Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's halfway through January

I am still basking in the newness of the year. New Year's is my favorite holiday! While I do more for Christmas...I probably get more personal satisfaction out of New Year's Day...and the days to follow. A new calendar with all the old tucked safely away for memories later...a new journal with fresh, crisp new pages. What new things will they hold next year when I tuck them safely away?

I do have some real changes to make...today I am writing a letter to resign my position of recruiter with Iowa Kids Net. I am going to stay on as a trainer but I need to give up the recruiter position. I love the public relations part...but I don't like the marketing aspect. My job description has changed to include more of the marketing and I am just not ready to do that part. I believe in it...and I believe it needs to be done but we must all find our "link" in the "chain" and I think mine is the training aspect.

I am going to enjoy a few months of not working outside of my volunteer stuff. I continue to take care of my elderly deaf friend, Billy, and teach a Sunday School class. Foster parenting continues and I play the piano for several services a month at the church and a few other assorted things like teaching the library class at the school. But what I really hear the Lord telling me to focus on this year is STUDY. I am going to try to devote a few hours every day that I can to good, old-fashioned studying. Not sure what will come out of it but I am looking forward to it.

I still haven't picked out a hymn to be my "Hymn of the Year" yet. I'll let you know when I get it honed down. LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, someone who is actually doing less world stuff and more God stuff is that legal?? Richard

Anonymous said...

I also have been thinking about doing more reading/studying. In fact last night we moved our living room around. Haven't done that in over 10 years. First time we have ever not had the tv be the focal point. I am loving it. Our couch now faces the fireplace. :)

Ruthie Oberg said...

Gloria - I love our TV cabinet because it has a wonderful door that closes over the screen and keeps it from being the focus of the room. I need to get out to visit you just so I can see the fireplace!

Ruthie Oberg said...

Richard - legal or not, I need it!!! Hmmm...I think I've heard addicts use that same line.