Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What My Kids Think About Me...

OK..here's my kids' (Erik-17, Corrie-15, Gracie-11) answers to random questions about their mom- and a few of my comments thrown in for good measure........

1. What is something mom always says to you?
E: Be nice to the cat.
C: Deal with it.
G: Go MAD (This means Go Make A Difference; I holler this at her as she gets out of the car for school)

2. What makes mom happy?
E: A hot bath with Richard Lederer (he's an author...not anything else, thank you)
C: Office supplies
G: A clean house

3. What makes mom sad?
E: Clutter
C: When Masterpiece Theatre is cancelled.
G: A messy house

4. What does your mom do to make you laugh?
E: She pampers the cats
C: When she tries to be cool
G: When she tries to dance “hip” (2 out of 3 think I am uncool...what's with that?)

5. What was your mom like as a child?
E: Prim and proper
C: Probably really boring and stuffy. I think she read all the time.
G: My mom was a child?

6. How old is your mom?
E: 37
C: In dog years or human years?
G: 39

7. How tall is your mom?
E: 5’8”ish
C: Taller than dad
G: Taller than my dad

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
E: Take a bath with a book
C: Clean
G: Read

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
E: Sleep
C: Clean or facebook
G: Go to the zoo (this is true)

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
E: Speaking
C: Winning “Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader”
G: Singing

11. What is your mom really good at?
E: Speaking
C: Spouting off random facts about random things
G: Singing

12. What is your mom not very good at?
E: Biking, running, hiking, camping…anything outdoors
C: Saying “no” to people except me...she's very good at saying "no" to me
G: Being “hip”

13. What does your mom do for a job?
E: Stays at home with me
C: Speaks
G: Volunteer and clean

14.What is your mom's favorite food?
E: Those little ball things from Target
C: Lindor chocolate things
G: Chocolate

15.What makes you proud of your mom?
E: Knowledge and wisdom
C: When she gives a good sermon
G: Her ability to serve God without being scared that people will be all “blah” about her

16. If your mom were a super hero, who would she be?
E: Wonder Woman
C: Mrs. Clean
G: Wonder Woman

17. What do you and your mom do together?
E: Study
C: Watch documentaries
G: Eat and read

18. How are you and your mom the same?
E: We look alike…sort of
C: This question scares me
G: Looks and voice

19. How are you and your mom different?
E: I like it cold and she is a lizard
C: Music tastes
G: Our music that we like

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
E: She spends time and money for my education
C: She will listen to my music
G; She tells me all the time that I’m her favorite

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
E: His character – he is caring
C: He has nice eyes…she has this “thing” about eyes
G: He stays with his family

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
E: Texas
C: cemeteries
G: the bathtub or church

It would be interesting to ask these questions in another 10 years and see what the answers are!

1 comment:

Elisabeth Oberg said...

haha! i didn't know you had this on here! if i had known you were post it so everyone in the world could see i wouldn't have agreed to answering your questions. :P silly mom. lol :P