Monday, November 10, 2008

Thanksgiving is coming...Yeah and Yikes!

I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is just a matter of days away! Where has this year gone???

I am very excited about this year's celebration...my family is coming! Yeah! This will be the FIRST time in 19 years of marriage that I have had my family here for a holiday and to have them all together is just an incredible thing. We all live in different states and rarely are all together at the same time.

The special occasion is my uncle and aunt's (George and Waydene Edgerly) 50th anniversary celebration the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We're not a large family. My nuclear family will all be here and that only consists of 11 of us. All of George's family is only 13 people. We're depending on my cousin Jorin's little boy, Ian, to carry on the Edgerly name.

It is good for me to have my uncle and aunt's anniversary to celebrate...they married only 3 months after my parents who divorced after 23 years together...they were the only divorce that I can find in my genealogy. Sad. George and Waydene also let me live with them when I was in college and have been a second set of parents to me in my adulthood. They have been a major blessing to me and I credit them with much of my success in life. They're good folks.

Now...if I'm going to have all these people here I had better get that basement cleaned up and these carpets...oh boy, there's work to do!

4 comments:

Pastor Ogre said...

I'm really looking forward to the reunion. The Edgerly's are very special people and I am blessed to be a part of it. Thanks, Ruthie, for saying "Yes" to marry me! I will help you get the house ready and the kids will be thrilled to clean!!

Brooke said...

You're right about the Edgerlys - they are wonderful people who have invested in so many lives. Lawrence and I will be in Iowa and thus far plan to attend the celebration. I guess we'll see you there!

Ruthie Oberg said...

Great! Looking forward to seeing you again, Brooke! ...and meeting Lawrence, too.

Anonymous said...

50th anniversary - wow - that is certainly something to celebrate. Enjoy the time with your family. Happy Thanksgiving!!