Monday, November 3, 2008

The weekend

We had a nice weekend...since school was out on Friday we had two of Gracie's friends spend the night on Thursday. Molly and Becca are really nice girls and they seem to hit it off well at school. Molly's dad is our DARE officer; she has four of the cutest siblings (especially little Hallie!) and I am just getting to know Becca's family.

We went to see WALL-E at the $1 theatre after school on Thursday. Georgia Brogan went with us. She is such a good surrogate grandma for the kids! It was a good movie - very imaginative and pretty much had a biblical worldview - we must take care of the things that God has given us and not relinquish our responsibilities for the sake of pleasure. Good wisdom that we need to hear.

I took the girls to the zoo on Friday. I absolutely LOVE our zoo! Since we have a membership I often go by myself and just enjoy the quiet of the animals. The penguins are my favorite.

I'm glad I started this second blog to just write about life. It's good to be able to journal and share my thoughts without feeling like I have be saying something that has a moral or point to it. HA HA.

6 comments:

Guinevere said...

What a fantastic and beautiful weekend we had too! Great weather to enjoy at the zoo. :o) Ariana was happy to have Friday off! lol

Veronee said...

Glad you survived mom, I think I still owe you at least. Coming home was interesting, but I'll save that for Nov.
Love you bunches,
The best brother you'll ever have

Pastor Ogre said...

Your'e the best Mom our kids could ask for. You do fun stuff with them and make for great memories for them and their friends. Just the kind of wife & mom I always wanted and am soooooooooo (as Gracie would say) thankful to have you as my wife!

Anonymous said...

The weather was picture perfect here that weekend. Would have loved to have gone to a zoo, but we did do a motorcycle ride- may be the last for the season :(

The penquins are possibly my favorite also. Penquins/monkeys I go back and forth.

Ruthie Oberg said...

Gloria - if you ever get out our way let me know and we'll do the zoo together...it's a great day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan. We will have to figure out just how far you are from us. We do love day trips!